Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tron: Legacy Soundtrack

My Tron: Legacy soundtrack arrived from Amazon today and it blew me away!  Everything we've been hearing about Daft Punk's amazing score is absolutely true!
I can only imagine how the score will compliment the film at this point (4 days left!) but the album itself is really incredible.  The score is like some kind of cyber opera.  Daft Punk fuses their fascinating electronic sounds with the beautiful work of the London Philharmonic Orchestra to create a sort of dystopian, futuristic soundscape that really transports the listener.

Other artists have done work blending electronica and classic instrumental music but I don't think I've ever heard any that results in something so beautiful.  Some of Mark Snow's X-Files music maybe?  But this is so much BIGGER, darker and more engaging.
I've been a fan of Daft Punk since "Around the World" in 1997 and their work on this score has made me an even bigger fan.  I know that they were heavily influenced by the original Tron and that this film is ideal for them but I hope they'll do more score work in the future because they've truly done a masterful job.

END OF LINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment